Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pre trip post - 2 becomes 4

This is the first time I will be writing a blogpost on a road trip that is yet to commence. By the way, this is my second post on road trips! But I must admit, I just couldnt stop myself from writing this pre trip post. And there is very strong reason for doing so. Besides doing a debut on what I mentioned above, this trip is going to be a debut for another reason. The 2 pals who were absolutely crazy about doing road trips often are now no longer tripping it together! Our adventures of goa on new years eve of 2010 was the last trip we did as bachelors. This time around the roadies have doubled...2 has become 4. I am talking about our respective spouses.

As much as we want to show our respective wives how happy we are to have them as a part of our gang, let me be honest. I AM SCEPTICAL! Sceptical about a few things that we certainly may not be able to partake in. Certain natural instincts that we may have to let go. Certain tendencies that are specific to the male kind.

Now before your minds wonder on paths I didnt even mean, let me clarify what I was trying to convey, at the cost of not being subtle enough. I meant that the 2 roadies will no longer be able to ogle women as much as they could do so as bachelors (read it again...i never said we will not!); no more of smelling-out-those-spots off the road or in someone's backyard or some villagers paddy fields, to leave our "mark-of-honour". As much "awwww" or hawwww" it may sound to some, believe us, it was our way of corporate social responsibility...it was our way of giving back to the environment. And yeah no more of those wannabe types drinking "cheap desi beers" and then not knowing which side of the road are we supposed to drive.

So where are the 4 of us going this time, for the first time as couples? I ask does it really matter? Actually no. The fact that all of us are getting back to starting our roadtrips again is exciting enough for me. And the trip is going to be fun. A set of brand new wheels, comfortable seating to park our asses on, supposedly smooth road n' drive, rain gods happy, cool breeze, soft nos., roadside pakoras, parsi food, playing uno n pictionary...just dont feel like stopping.

Am sure together the 4 of us will have lots of fun and laughter. But there is something that will always play at the back of our minds...something that we will surely miss. And that something actually happens to be someone. Someone whose name is no more than 2 alphabets - AD......or sometimes GM!

May be the next trip when its 5 of us or possibly 6?! Till then...

Jaydeep Deshpande

No comments:

Post a Comment